This online course will equip you with the skills and techniques necessary to effectively elicit, communicate, and manage current and intended solution behaviours using use cases.
In particular, you will learn how to apply the new generation of use cases (Use-Case 2.0) to your agile programs and frameworks like Scrum, Scrum at Scale, SAFe and Disciplined Agile.
Throughout the eLearning modules, common problems and their solutions will be explored as well as summary reviews and Ivar’s top tips to remember. Reference examples and exercise solutions are also supplied.
Examination & Accreditation
Upon receiving a successful grade of 80% or greater on the final course exam, students will receive their Use-Case 2.0 Accreditation Certificate, signed by the creator of use cases Ivar Jacobson and the course instructor.
Attendees will learn
- The principles behind use-case modelling
- How to capture intended solution behaviours in a use-case model
- How to build a product backlog and slice use cases to discover well-defined pieces of work for agile teams, such as Features and Stories
- How to manage scope
- How to create a use-case model
- Where actors and use cases come from
- How to iteratively develop use-case narratives
- How to handle business rules and non-functional requirements
- When and where to use optional features such as include and extend
- How to drive analysis, design and testing using use cases